HERE IS MY CHOCOLATE cookie recipe for my cookie exchange. Enjoy! ~Sam~
Chocolate Peppermint Blossoms
• 1 stick unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
• ½ cup canola or vegetable oil
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 1 egg
• 2 tbsp milk
• 1 tsp peppermint extract
• 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
• 42 Hersheys Candy Cane Kisses
1) Using the stand mixer or electric hand mixer, beat together the butter and oil on medium speed until combined, about 30 seconds. Add sugar, cocoa powder, and baking powder. Beat until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Add egg, milk and peppermint extract. Beat until combined.
2) Beat in as much flour as you can with the mixer. Use a wooden spoon or rubber spatula to stir in any remaining flour. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill until easy to handle, at least 1 – 2 hours.
3) Heat oven to 350. Line cookie sheet(s) with parchment paper. Shape chilled dough into 1” balls (the dough will be a bit sticky). Place balls about 2” apart on parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are firm.
4) Immediately press a Kiss into the center of each cookie. Transfer to wire rack(s) to cool.
*Note: Be sure to let these cookies COOL COMPLETELY before you pack or store them! If the Kisses are still warm from the heat of the cookies, they will slide and smoosh and go all over the place and it will not be pretty.